Captains and committee members: Listed below are the competition description
The First Annual MiniTHON captain competition is a series of ongoing events to
get each committee to challenge each group to raise as much money as they can.
The captains will take the lead on this competition but need to get committee
members involved. (Committee member contact information can be given out to
captains for communication purposes). Ultimately, the goal is to obviously raise
the most money as a committee which can be done with the following
Organizing small but effective fundraisers:
- Candy or gum grams in the cafeteria
- Asking local/small businesses to sell paper diamonds at their store where $1
for the paper diamond will go towards Hempfield MiniTHON and then the
buyer will be able to write name on paper slip and can be displayed in the
store. (Dr. F has Paper Diamonds - see her to pick up.)
- Organizing a restaurant fundraiser where a portion of the evening’s
proceeds go towards our MiniTHON.
- Organizing with Dr. F/school a day for your committee to can in a local area
or at local business.
- Asking local businesses to set a decorated can by their register asking for
donations to Hempfield MiniTHON. (Dr. F has signs and can labels to go
along with this for businesses).
- Approaching corporate businesses asking for a donation to Hempfield
MiniTHON, corporate fundraising packet can be found on website under
“Donations.” See Spreadsheet link from website so that businesses are not
contacted twice. If you are going to contact a business, add your name to the
- Please make sure you send Thank Yous to all who donate - individuals or
businesses. Dr. F has Thank You post cards.
- See Dr. F for any other supplies you might need (paint, posters, signs, etc.)
- This competition must be captain run however your overall can be a part of it.
- The captains have to get a minimum of 50% of the committee members
involved in the competition in some way or another, i.e through donor drive
or small fundraiser.
- The competition will extend from February 8th to March 31st where totals
will be calculated in the last week.
- Each committee will work separately, however when totals are calculated
they will be calculated based on average amount raised for each member of
the committee (including captains.) This is due to some committees being
smaller than other committees.
- At the end of the two month long competition, whichever committee raises
the most money will be provided with an array of gift cards as well as pizza
and ice cream… and the satisfaction that you raised as much money as
possible for our MiniTHON.